What to Ask Allah - Khutbah by Nouman Ali Khan




Whatever I wrote down here works as a reminder for myself because alot of the things he said hits me (in a good way) like bullets. I needed answers. To gain a deeper understanding, watch the video instead. It is worth it.



Human beings tend to be defensive,

Human beings have good views of themselves,

But they make lots of excuses,

They keep throwing excuses.


If you're going to seek Allah SWT forgiveness,

You have to find the time,

And it doesn't matter if you don't know arabic,

You speak to Allah SWT (in a language that you know and understood),

And you genuinely admit to Him what you've done wrong,

And don't make excuses.


It's really hard to do that,

Because even when you stand in the mirror,

You lied to yourself,

You tell yourself "I'm not that bad",

"I have reasons for what I did",

"I have justification, I've been through alot".


Don't give Him the reasons,

He knows your reasons better that you do,

It's impossible for human being to open up so vulnerable,

Before anyone and especially Allah SWT,

Because to the world, 

You have to show yourself as strong and confident,

Everybody else sees you and think everything is okay,

But the only one who knows that Nothing is Okay,

is Allah SWT.


You need to come to Him openly,

Without any filters,

Without any hesitations,

Without no guard,

With no shame,

Openly (verbally;speak not whispering) admit to Allah SWT, 

How messed up you've been, 

And how you've messed up,

Then you're going to be in the position to ask for forgiveness.

Double Scoop Ice Cream