Us and Them (后来的我们)


 I am so triggered by this movie that I have to write something about it because I'm losing my mind over it. I wanted to cry sooo bad over this movie but god because I am at the office currently I have to kept it all in but I swear my heart is breaking. 

I rarely watch chinese movies or dramas other than the famous ones that my parents made me watch. Most of them involved material arts, even Shaolin Soccer hahah. Literally, this is the 1st time I watched a chinese movie on my own and I'm darn happy that I found this, really. Thank you Netflix lmao! If you're one of the person that is a cry baby for sappy romantic movies like me please have a box of tissue or a handkerchief on standby, you'll need it ehehe *smirk


To think that last night I kinda pondered on some stuff and watching this now finally just pieces up some of those what-ifs questions I got in my head. Few of them would be, if its meant to be, it will be (or the other way around). Appreciate the people around you, especially when it comes to family or loved ones. Learn to say sorry before its too late; bottled up feelings can bring more sadness rather than happiness. Hence instead of running away from problems, face them. Never let your struggles get to you.

*my perspective (some of this are totally not related to the movie but I had so much thoughts to spill)
I think one that hits me the most is that it gets better; no matter how difficult life gets, it does get better. Maybe not few hours from now, today, tomorrow nor next month, but it will get better. To hold on to something so painful is hard but once you really learn to let go and focus on what's important, it will do you wonders. Though I'm not agreeing on the part where the characters went their own ways and I wished they would've at least be together till the end but it will be to cliche and at the time maybe it was for the best between the characters,(sorry for this) Furthermore, things do change, if you want it to change.

And the thing about moving on? if you really, like truly love this person. It takes time but you can move them from your head but not from your heart. Months/years past and the thought of them probably won't bring you heartache, you don't lose sleep over them or cry anymore, heck you might even love someone else. But you'll always remember them whether it involves good or bad memories. In the story, the main characters accidentally met up again after not seeing each other for years. They somehow got stuck in a situation they couldn't avoid and started reminiscing about their past while spending few hours together. They met by accident, became friends, moved out to the city together, became best friends, got in a relationship and went through alot of struggles back and forth but sadly parted ways in the end. Fate then decided to play a part and reunite this two so we can enjoy crying over their unspoken feelings lol. It was emotional from the beginning to be honest, but it was a beautiful movie; the cinematography, storyline, how everything is related is perfect. I'm going to watch it again when I get home lol the tears are screaming to get out hahaha.


If you didn't leave would it make any difference to our relationship?

If at the time, you had courage to get on the train. I would've live with you forever. 

If you didn't break up with me..

We would break up eventually.

If we had enough money, we could live in a big house with a couch.

You would probably have ten affairs.

What if we just went for it and got married?

We would've been divorced for years. 

What if you could stay to the end with me? 

Then maybe you wouldn't make it. 

What if we didn't leave for Beijing? 

If there are no more ifs..

We have everything in the end. 

Just not each other. 



  

Double Scoop Ice Cream